SpringBoard Incubators Video Contest 2023
Submissions are open please read terms, fill out form and submit video to email [email protected]
- There is no entry fee.
- All entries must be submitted in a digital format through email.
- Students must currently be in grades 6 to 12.
- Students may work together in groups or submit entries as individuals. If submitting as a group Lead producer’s name should be given.
- All entries must either be submitted in English or (if in another language) include English subtitles.
- One video can be submitted for up to two categories.
- All information presented in the video must be cited, giving credit to the original source. Plagiarism of any kind will result in DISQUALIFICATION. You DO NOT need to include your citations in your Submission video. IF CHOSEN AS A FINALIST, you must Email a list of your sources, properly cited.
- No professional assistance is allowed. Adults may assist with production but are limited to verbal guidance only. Adults are allowed to be actors or cameramen but not content contributors.
- If video has sensitive material it should be handled appropriately and include warnings at start of video along with slate.
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, video clips, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
- Entries may be submitted through the website starting on June 1, 2023. The deadline for submissions is July 20, 2023 by 11:59 pm EST. Finalist will be emailed invitations July 29th. Winners will be announced on August 1, 2023 at the event.
- IF CHOSEN AS A FINALIST you must submit a signed/completed Parent Permission Form and a signed/completed Actor Release Form for each person appearing in your video. Forms can be found online. Email us forms before August 1st.
- All entries should begin with a 5 second full-screen “Slate” or title that includes the following information: (see below..)
Your Film Slate Must Contain The Following:
- Lead Producer’s name
- School name
- Title of video
- Total running time (not including the 5 second title screen)
Categories and Suggestions
|Award Categories||Submission Suggestions|
|Best community package||Suggestions: Non profits, Volunteer work videos, highlighting the community and related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion|
|Best Documentary||Suggestions: Science Documentary, Rockumentary, Biography related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion|
|Best Sports Segments||Suggestions: Sports highlights, Sports commentary, Anchor commentary related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion|
|Best Animation Short Film||Suggestions: 2D, 3D, Experimental related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion|
|Best Film||Suggestions: Storytelling related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion|
HOW TO ENTER